Thursday 6 June 2013

Social

You wrote them out those parts of you
that make you tick and make you sick
and make you hope those parts of you
would never grip the slick unstable
edges of your quick and stable
brain

it's all the same refrain
what's yours is mine
of course it's mine
I've opened all your doors to mine your unsecrets
laid out to for me to find
you wrote them out for me
you showed me what you're made of
all these fragile things
digested magazines
and daily scenes
churned up inside your dreams
hurled at the screen
they catch my eye
it's not that I
am stealing pictures from your mind
you're screaming secrets
dreaming
it's just normal
and it is
it's broken normal

there's no part of you inside
your secrets should be there
but where I stare it's empty
there's no part of you
that's at the heart of you
it's on my screen instead
you're broken in the head

I'm broken too

No comments:

Post a Comment